Andrew Wimhurst is an artist with a
deck of cards. On this DVD he performs and explains his entire Gambling
Act. This is your chance to learn some of the most impressive advanced
card magic you are likely to see. Great presentations, routining and
Routines performed and explained:
- Cheater’s Aces: As you shuffle the deck you cut to three kings. You
then accidentally cut to a ten. Using it as an indicator your count down
to the tenth card and it is the fourth king.
- Spread ‘Em: You insert the four kings into four different parts
of the deck. Upon spreading the deck on the table you push out four
cards from different parts of the deck. The cards assumed to be the
kings turn out to be the four aces.
- Ultimate Topsy-Turvy Aces: The deck is shuffled face up and
face down. You cut to three face-up aces. The deck is then spread to
show all the cards face up except for the final ace.
- Spectator Estimates The Aces: A spectator cuts the deck three
times and each time they cut to an ace. As a finale you shuffle and cut
the deck producing the fourth ace.
- Expert At The Bridge Table: An amazing routine where a four of a
kind is removed and used in a demonstration of card control. Dealing a
five handed game of Poker you get the four of a kind. You then deal a
game of Bridge dealing yourself all of the Spades.
- Wimhurst Poker Deal: A spectator names any four cards, which
are placed in the middle of the deck. You then use a center deal to get
the four-of-a-kind to your Poker hand. You repeat the deal this time
dealing the four-of-a-kind to any player they name while you
surprisingly deal yourself the four aces.
- How To Cheat At 21: A self-working impossible location where
the spectator selects a card shuffles it into the deck and you quickly
- Aussie Cooler: A series of quick impossibilities where the
spectator’s selected cards jump to your pocket, are re-selected, change
places and ultimately the deck disappears, leaving only the selection.
- Johnny Mnemonic: A spectator shuffles the deck twice and you
quickly memorize its order. You then perform a memorized deck
demonstration and finally deal the deck for a game of Bridge giving
yourself all the Spades. When the other three hands are looked at they
contain the Hearts, Diamonds and Clubs in numerical order.
explained within routines: Center Deal Tips, Cutting Revelation, Fan
Peek, Faro Shuffle, Hofzinser Cull, Jog Shuffle, Shuffle Stack,
Strip-Out Shuffle With Block Transfer, Tabled Slip Cut, Top Palm, Triple
Cut Revelation, Versa Switch and more.
Special DVD Features:
- Instant access to performances, explanations and techniques
- Product Previews
- DVD Trailers
- Dolby Digital sound
- Encoded for worldwide viewing
A Meir Yedid Magic product. Original release date: DVD: December 2007, VHS: 2001.
Running time: Approximately 100 minutes.
A genuine card expert of the highest level — a real artist. Extremely
knowledgeable, inventive and with brilliant technique!”