With the magician in mind I wanted to invent a deck for the everyday use – with the highest possible quality for the cheapest possible price. The most important part was the own design of the card backs, the Ace of Spades and Joker. During the last few years dealing with all respect for copyrights and trademarks, I always had to find solutions if I had to print gaffed playing cards for magicians. My alternative Haicicle design was one approach and is quite OK but did not satisfy me.
Creating a design that is NOT owned by any playing card company was my solution. Now it is possible to get playing cards printed around the globe at the best playing card manufacturies with the same design. Every manufactury has its highlights but also drawbacks. That is why the standard decks and most trick cards will be printed at US Playing Cards as they have this well known Air-Cushion-Finish. What they cannot do however is the printing of thing playing cards that are used for card manipulation or – even better – for VERY special effects. Within nearest future we will release thin Phoenix Decks where 104 cards will fit into one card case!!! The cards will be produced with the same backs and faces, but are printed at a top notch playing card company in Europe. Just imagine the possibilities.
Key features of the standard Phoenix Decks:
- printed at US Playing card company on Bicycle cardstock, with air-cushion finish, so the cards have the well-known Bicycle quality
- the decks are cut in the traditional way like the top notch Richard Turner Decks
- the new deck order is optimized for the Tamariz Stack, you can immediately start the necessary faros to get into the stack
- Phoenix faces and Bicycle faces are identical with a few exceptions
- the Ace of Spades is pretty close to the Bicycle Ace of Spades
- all other Aces are specially designed for better visibility. Fine details make them beautiful for close-up performances also, these fine details blur out on distance and will get invisible on stage.
- the common used (old) Aces are also included in the deck so if you cannot get warm with the new idea of large aces, use the old ones!
- the back design is modern and classy, not too fancy to draw suspicion
- the back design has a very visible but pretty well hidden oneway marking
- the backs where especially designed to hide additional information in the gaffed cards
- the Phoenix card case uses the traditional layout of the Bicycle card case, also there are NO tricks or information on the card case that the cards are optimized for magicians. So you are able to leave the cards on the table after your performance as a souvenir for your audience.
- the faces have a built-in feature that you have to find out by yourself. If you are a good magician you will find it and can make use out of it.
- a lot of trick cards are already available like blank cards and double backers, marked decks and trick sets, more will come soon.